Thursday, October 9, 2008

“You have to teach people how to treat you.”

I was flipping channels again today. Something it took my husband years to teach me. Tyra Banks was interviewing two young men, one of which confessed to doing something despicable to the other. Just then, Tyra said something brilliant. She said to the victim, “You have to teach people how to treat you.”

Apparently, we are not teaching our children how to treat other children in this country. Daily, I am shocked at the behavior I witness at school. My children often describe the most despicable behavior by children at their school. This is why I started this blog.

Tyra is right. You have to teach people how to treat you. I am incorporating this gem into my mommy’s bag of life lessons to teach my children. It is my goal as a parent to make sure that my children are not mistreated. I figure you can lie down and take it and become a bigger target, or you can do something about it.

No comments: