Saturday, May 30, 2009

There's No Way To Be A Perfect Mother...

"There's no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a great one."  I heard these brilliant words one day while watching one of the morning talk shows.  

What an amazing revelation!  There are so many parents out there with out of control kids who shrug and ask, "What do you want me to do?"  #@()%#$@##!!!  Are you kidding me???!!!  Parent your kids!!!!!  Increasingly, I find myself, while in conversation with parents, having to correct their children's bad behavior because they aren't.  

In fact, those parents completely ignore the bad, and might I add sometimes DANGEROUS, behavior.  One incident happened in my own home.  A mom dropped off my girl scout cookies and her two girls had a continuous kicking fight during our 10 minute conversation right under her nose.  I told her children to knock it off 4 or 5 times and the mom didn't flinch!

If you are one of those moms or dads who want to be your kid's best friend, forget it!  You are their parent, so start parenting.  Lay down the rules and be CONSISTENT!

No comments: